October 9, 2012

Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole - Holy Moly!

Despite having a Bachelorette Wine Tasting Party all day on Saturday I was a baking fool the rest of the weekend!! I made Red Velvet Bundt Cake, Chicken Poppers, Cinnamon Roll French Toast, AND Apple Dump Cake!! A little much but all were so delish....don't worry all recipes coming at you this week!!

First up - Cinnamon Roll French Toast, recipe from the amazing Pinterest!


Doesn't that look like it would just fill your house up with a delish aroma?? It definitely does and it tastes just as good as it smells!!!

Ingredients: 
  • 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
  • 2 Cans (12.4 oz each) Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
  • 5 Eggs
  •  1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
  • 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
  •  3/4 Cup Maple Syrup
I actually cut this recipe in half since I knew it would be only me eating it!


First step - Cut up your cinnamon rolls! Simply cut them like you are cutting up a pizza pie, just a smaller more delish pizza pie :o)


Melt your butter and pour (and spread) into your baking pan. Then toss in all your cinnamon roll pieces. The original recipe calls for a 13 x 9 pan but since I cut it in half I used an 8 x 8 pan.


In a small bowl mix together your cinnamon, heavy cream, vanilla, and eggs.


Pour that mixture over you cinnamon roll piece.


One ingredient I forgot to put in the picture was actually a very important one!! Syrup!


I can't believe I almost forgot the syrup!! Crazy right?

Once you have your syrup out drizzle it over the top of your cinnamon roll mixture. I didn't measure out my syrup because it seemed like a lot in the recipe. Instead I just drizzled as much as I wanted cause I can :o)


Bake for 20 - 28 minutes at 375 degrees. Make sure to bake it all the way because no one likes under cooked cinnamon rolls!


This smelled amazing!!!! I have no idea how Chuckles didn't wake up and want to devour this casserole! You better believe I was watching the clock, very anxious to dig in!!

I mean just look at how amazing this is before the icing!


While this is cooling you'll want to get your icing ready! Remove the silver top from the frosting and microwave one medium power for 10 - 15 seconds.

Pour the frosting over the top of your casserole.


Drool-worthy right? 

Cut yourself off a slice and if you like drizzle just a little more syrup over the top! It doesn't really need it but since I went light on the syrup I thought why not? Warm syrup makes any breakfast sweet better!!


This was so delish! Unfortunately I didn't let it cook long enough, I blame it on my impatient-ness and of course that I was on a tight time frame, but had I put it back in for another 5 minutes (total of 25) I think it would've been perfect!!

If you like french toast and you like cinnamon rolls you must try this asap! Try it this weekend if you can, it was a perfect sweet breakfast! The original pin for it said it'd be perfect for Christmas Morning Breakfast!! I say screw that, this is perfect for any weekend breakfast. It's fast, easy and so delish!!

You may find the original recipe here.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang