August 12, 2012

Biggest Loser Oatmeal Pancakes

Another pancake recipe for you all!! I've been on a kick lately with trying to find the BEST pancake recipe and I'm pretty sure I found it with the Greek Yogurt Pancakes, but I still had another recipe to try!

This one I wanted to try because it is the Biggest Loser's Oatmeal Pancake recipe! Another awesome Pinterest Find!!

These called for a few different ingredients (I cut the original recipe in half)
  • 3 Egg Whites
  • 1/2 Cup Oats (Dry)
  • 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
  • 1 Teaspoon Sugar
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract


Combine all your ingredients in a blender or food processor.

Blend or Processor for a few minutes until you get a smoothish batter, it will be lumpy because of the oats, but that's okay!


Spray a pan with nonstick spray and heat up. Then make 2 (or as many as you want) pancakes.


I had a hard time with these style pancakes because I am never positive on when to flip! I made pancakes similar to these (Sorry no blog post on those) and burned the crap out of them the first go around. Now I'm a little hesitant but luckily these turned out on the first flip!



After they are cooked to your liking, I prefer mine browned over burnt, and smother with topping! I went with my usual peanut butter and light syrup!


These were pretty delish! The texture is pretty different from regular pancakes due to the cottage cheese and the oatmeal but I definitely dug into them!

However, the Greek Yogurt Pancakes still win! While I will still make these just to switch things up, and I truly did enjoy them, I am so in love with the Greek Yogurt Pancakes!

I dare any of you to make them both and then tell me you like these better than the Greek Yogurt Ones!! I double dog dare you!! :) I hope someone accepts my challenge!! (Anyone?)

1 comments:

Staci said...

These look yummy! I made oatmeal banana pancakes for breakfast this morning!

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang