August 6, 2012

Greek Yogurt Pancakes

This weekend I made an amazing recipe that turned out to be low in Weight Watcher points! To say that I was excited would be an understatement! I was thrilled!! In fact these pancakes are even better than regular old pancakes, yup I'm going there!!

In fact even the originator of the recipe (well where I found it) called these the "holy grail of pancake recipes"...oh yes they are that good!! 

These are super simple to make too! All you need is:
  • 6 oz Greek Yogurt
  • 1 Egg
  • Scant 1/2 Cup Flour
  • 1 Tsp Baking Soda

 To start you want to take your 6 ounces of Greek Yogurt and put into a small bowl (or a large glass measuring cup like me) and stir until the yogurt is nice and smooth. Add in your egg and continue to smooth until it's smooth and a yellowish coloring.


In a separate bowl combine your flour and baking soda.


Then it's time to mix the two together.


Surprisingly it turns out looking like this! Definitely a weirdish texture and yes it made me nervous!


Then heat up a pan and spray with non stick baking spray. And place some of the batter onto the pan. I divided my batter into 4 pancakes, you could definitely go smaller but since it was just me eating them I decided to do 4!
 

The timing on this is quite tricky, or at least it was for me! I wasn't sure when to flip and ended up losing some batter on the first go round, but all in all they were cooking up very nicely!


Once they are cooked all the way through remove from heat and place on a plate! Don't they look good? I was still skeptical at this point because honestly that batter was just kind of odd looking to me! I thought I did something wrong!


Top with whatever toppings you'd like. For me it was good ol' peanut butter and low fat syrup!! And yes I did taste them before I smothered in toppings!


Despite the unusual looking batter these were AMAZING!! These were so delish that I doubt I'll be making regular pancakes again! They turned out to be the perfect texture and soooo filling!!


I couldn't even finish both of these babies as they were really filling!! I can see eating these after a long run for sure! Pancake Lovers you MUST make these!! So simple and so good!!! The next time I make these I might even add in some cinnamon to the batter and then top with just syrup!! I cannot wait for next weekend as I already know these will be on the menu!!

If you make 4 pancakes out of this mix then it's 3 weight watcher points per pancake, if you make 8 smaller pancakes its only 1 weight watcher point per pancake.

The original recipe can be found here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG that looks amazing and I LOVE pancakes but have been avoiding them because they are so high in points. MUST TRY.

Jenna said...

Just tried your Greek yogurt pancakes this morning. Super tasty!! Thanks for sharing!

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang