Let's just get right to it shall we?
1. Books in the mail. I love getting any mail but one of my favorite things to get are books! I recently placed a large order on Amazon.com for used books and impatiently checked my mail every day for a sign of them. Normally I check my mail once a week but I parked my car close to mail boxes every day in order to check for books! I finally received the last of the 9 books that I ordered and I am soooo happy!! On top of that I also received my Old Navy order of a couple new dresses and some capri's!!
2. Peanut Butter M&M's!! These have always been a weakness of mine but recently I bought a 1lb bag on sale at Target! Was it a bad idea? More than likely but I poured them into a tupperware bowl and only allow myself one handful each night. And since I only get one handful I spread them out over the evening so I don't feel too guilty :)
3. Keeping a journal. I have always loved to write and bought this amazing journal late last year. Do I journal every night? No, but I am getting into the habit of journaling every night now. It's an amazing relief to get out my thoughts and feelings on paper. And since no one is ever going to read it, heck I probably won't even go back and read it, I can say whatever is on my mind. If I want to bitch and complain I can without raining on anyone's day. I can also cry into my journal over frustrations and I can share happy times without sounding like I'm bragging. I can say stupid things, feel sorry for myself, and pump myself up. If you haven't journaled I highly recommend giving it a try. In fact I recently had to purchase another journal as this one is filling up! I find the cutest and most inspiring journals at TJ Maxx and Home Goods!!
4. Boysenberry syrup! I love this syrup more than any other syrup I have ever had in my life. And because it's a little on the pricey side and never seems to be on sale I use it sparingly! I like to treat myself every once in awhile and there are just certain foods I only indulge in once in awhile...I hate when things lose their luxury. Does anyone have a food or beverage they feel is a special treat? I grew up with this syrup thanks to my Dad, well more so my Mom cause she did the grocery shopping but my Dad is the reason we got to have this syrup! I recently indulged in this syrup when I made Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes (recipe coming soon) and man oh man was it heaven!! Amazing...that's all I can say! Pick some up if you haven't tried it before...it's worth it!
5. My Cuisinart Electric Grill! This has been one of the best purchases I've made! I am very lucky to have a large patio and I spend as much time as possible out there!! And one of my favorite things to do is BBQ dinner! I love BBQing during the summer and the winter! It's easy and the food tastes so much better than when I cook it off in the oven! I have been trying to BBQ as much as possible and this little baby makes it easy! No propane, no charcoal, no mess!! It just plugs into the wall and cooks like an electric stove! I actually purchased this off BeyondtheRack.com and got a steal of a deal! It's perfect for an apartment balcony!!
And there you have it folks...this weeks favorites!! I hope it's been a great week for everyone! And that you all are recovering from all the 4th of July fun! I personally am not a fan of 4th of July Festivities! I love the meaning of the holiday but I am not a fan of the actual fireworks so I can assure you I am up bright and early today! Going to try out Yoga for the first time and get in some good reading. And hopefully if my toe isn't bothering me too much I'd like to take Roxy for a good walk, she's been so good and deserves a nice walk!
Have a wonderful day!