April 1, 2012

Foodie Review!!

Since I've been doing weight watchers I am always on the prowl for healthier low in point snacks and I figured why not go check out Trader Joes one day on my lunch break

So I did!! And I picked up these snacks to give a try. I got the Trader Joe's Everything Bagel Chips, Trader Joe's Lightly Salted Crunchy Green Beans, Snapea Crisps, and few different Luna Bars - Smore, Peanut Butter Cookie, and Nutz Over Chocolate.

 

Let me first put a small disclaimer on this post - I have not tried the Peanut Butter Cookie or Nutz Over Chocolate Luna Bar, partly because they are high in points and I look at them as good bars for after a work out. With the weather we've had recently I haven't had many options to go running so I'm holding off on trying those two. I have however tried the Smores bar.

Let's go ahead and start with the Smores Luna Bar...I spit it out. I took 4 chews and had to get it out of my month! I had just went for a run, it was a Saturday morning and I was pretty hungry. I thought the Luna bar would make me feel full but it was pretty gross. I am hoping the other two are better but there was something wrong with the Smores one. I know that Luna bars are not everyone's cup of tea but I still would like to like them!! So we shall see!!

Why not just get the bad foods out of the way right? The Lightly Salted Crunchy Green Beans were HORRIBLE! Now I'm not a huge salt fan, in fact I hardly add salt to anything but I do get the salty cravings every once in awhile. Unfortunately these just won't do. They were way to salty and I just felt the flavor was quite off and I personally love green beans. I definitely won't be buying these again.

On to the Delish, Slightly Addicting Foods!!

I first tried the Everything Bagel Chips from Trader Joes and knew it was love! It was only 3 points for a serving and it was something to change up my normal baked lays or reduced fat cheez it's with lunch. They are perfectly flavored with the right amount of crunch! I really would recommend these to any chip lover!

And now for the most addicting, best tasting food out of this post!! The Snapea Crisps are AMAZING!! They are seriously the right amount of saltiness, the right amount of flavor, and while they are slightly fluff food I'd give up the three points for them! You get 22 of these babies for 3 points. For those of you on weight watchers I'm sure you think 22 is a lot, but these are pretty light, airy, and super addicting so be prepared to eat a whole serving! These are seriously becoming a staple in my house now and the great thing - you can find them at many different grocery stores!! I've found them at Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Lucky's and Safeway!! Just look for them in the produce section!!

Even though I really didn't care for the Luna Smores Bar and the Salted Green Beans I was so stoked to have found the bagel chips and Snapea crisps!! I can't wait to throw the Snapea Crisps in a salad instead of croutons this summer!!

1 comments:

Alyssa said...

I'm also a huge fan of the snap pea crisps! Super tasty! Don't ever try the roasted seaweed snacks from tJs.... disgusting which is a shame because they're super low in points.

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang