May 15, 2012

Homer & Langley

I finally finished another book!!! I was so excited to read Homer & Langley by E.L. Doctorow and I was even more excited when I was able to check it out from the library! I figured I'd have plenty of time to read it before the wedding and finish it up on the Honeymoon and guess what? I did just that!




First of all this review will be short, sweet, to the point, and over fairly quickly....how I wish the book had been.

It's not a horrible book. But it's not a great one either. It's the story of two brothers who live together their whole lives, one is blind and the other is bat shit crazy!!!!!!!!! Seriously the man has a hoarding problem for sure and he's one of those people who think everything is a conspiracy! It was really quite strange.

And the narrator is the blind brother. You'd think you wouldn't get a good visual of what the house looks like but no you really do. He describes it quite well which to be honest bothered me.
No he wasn't blind his whole life, but he was blind his entire adult life (going blind some time in his teens from what I remember) so how could he describe things so well...it really bothered me.

Overall this book had ZERO point and was BBBBOOOORRRRRIIINNNNGGG. It was extremely hard to even finish this 224 page book but I did! Do I recommend it? Nope!

Overall grade - F. I just can't find one thing about this book that I really enjoyed.

2 comments:

Staci said...

Your description of the books sounds so interesting too! Waaa!

I beleieve congratulations are in order, right?! :-)

Kendall said...

Hi Staci!!

Thank you so much!!! :)

And yes doesn't this book sound good? I was soooooo disappointed!!!

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang