May 17, 2012

A Mile In My Flip-Flops

I was so excited to read this book as I really felt it was going kick off my fun/light summer reading.... It was definitely light, but a little part of the book caught me off guard....

Gretchen just got dumped by her fiancee and is tired of sitting around stuffing her face, watching HGTV and watching her life pass her by. Since she's been watching so much HGTV she decides to buy a house and flip it! I can't even imagine taking this challenge on and yes I knew this book would be unrealistic but who can resist a good home improvement chick lit book? Not me!

Like I said I was super excited thinking this would be a great book to kick off the summer reading that I love so much....but what really surprised me was the constant talk of GOD! This book starts out great, no real mention of religion and then BAM, all through the middle of the book it drags Christianity up at the oddest times! And then just fizzles out for the latter part of the book. I felt like there was some sort of message the author was getting at but it just irritated me! That's a pretty deep subject to just toss into a book without it really having anything to do with the main storyline.

Aside from the God talk it was pretty cute! I liked the main character, the Dad, the Dog (Yup he's a big part) and of course the love interest! It's a cute story, but not the best! I think I'd rather kick off my summer reading with another book but what can I do right?

Overall Grade - B-.

1 comments:

Staci said...

Sounds like a good one! Thanks for sharing!

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang