July 29, 2009

Bow Ties with Asparagus and Ham

So apparently I'm on a new recipe kick, probably because with Chuck down and out he can't bbq and I am bored with all our other recipes HAHA. So I bought the Taste of Home: 5 Ingredient Recipes book and am going to pick my way through :-) It has a lot of great recipes that are easy and look really yummy.

So yesterday I decided to try this one. It was really easy and very yummy. What I loved was instead of a really heavy cream sauce it was really light so I didn't feel overstuffed. And on the plus side: Chuck liked it too!! He is one of the pickiest eaters so I've been happy that he's liked the last two new recipes I have tried.

Anywho the ingredients are:

16 ounces bow tie pasta
1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 lb fresh asparagus (I would add more than that if you aren't willing to eat every piece of the asparagus, I'm not a fan of the butt ends so I wanted more asparagus)
3 tablespoons water
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
6 ounces deli ham or prosciutto.

First you cook pasta noodles as normal.

Then start on the whipping cream. Bring it to a boil and let simmer for 6-7 minutes.






Cut up your asparagus into 1 inch pieces. Then put pieces of asparagus in a microwave safe dish with the water, heat for 3-4 minutes then drain.



After draining the pasta, put bow tie pasta, cream, asparagus, parmesan cheese, and ham (or prosciutto) into a dish and toss together! Then serve.



We had some garlic bread with it and it was so YUMMY!

Also we tried the bundt cake on Sunday and it was DELICIOUS!! I ended up bringing the leftovers into work. I had two very full plates of bundt cake slices and by the end of the work day the plates were empty! Everyone loved it, and the coffee in the cake was a big selling point :-) Most people at corporate are coffee addicts, Starbucks is within a 5 minute walk :-)

So now I am just finishing up with work for the day, then I am headed to JoAnn's to get some rick rack for an apron I will be starting after I finish the apron I am working on now. Then I am going to peruse the on sale/clearance fabric to see if there is any cute fabric to make some reusable grocery bags! There is a pattern in the sewing book my parents got me for my birthday! It seems pretty simple and with my mom's help I am learning to read sewing patterns YAY! I am still planning on taking a sewing class at either Beverly's or JoAnns (not sure if JoAnn's offers) once I have the extra cash. But yeah probably won't find any fabric I want/need and I have some cute fabric I already bought on clearance that might work, just don't think I have quite enough!

Anywho...I should finish up work, only 40 minutes left,benefits of starting work at 7, I may be dog tired and out like a light by 10 pm but I like being done with work at 3:30, gives me more time for crafts :-)

Oh and on a side note Chuck and I are so excited! Today is the One Year Anniversary of us getting the key to our condo!! This time last year we were sweating it on when we were getting the key since there were delays in closing, but now here we are, new floors, some new paint, a second dog LOL, and some new decorations. The condo is coming a long nicely and once the cash flow is more active we are going to do the flooring upstairs and the garage. The goal is to paint the entire garage, including floors, and put in new shelving :-) I want everything hidden away! But those are the next big projects on the lists, until then we will continue to check out thrift stores, garage sales, and craigslist for furniture to update and add to our home!! I am just as excited to be a homeowner as I was this time last year!

Hope everyone is having a great wednesday!!
P.S On the dinner menu tonight, Baked Chicken with Pasta Sauce and cooked carrots! (or salad)!

2 comments:

Hi I am Christy said...

Yummy!!!

Pam said...

I think this looks amazing - I love asparagus.

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang