February 4, 2011

Book List Edit

I am sad to say I am taking three books off of my 2011 List! Do not fear though I will be replacing them with other books! I did not realize when I got the series for Miss Match that it was religious related. I won't knock you for being religious at all, but I am not so to read a book that has religion in it where it's a huge part of the person's life (fictional or not) I can't seem to get into it. Maybe if the book was more thought provoking it wouldn't bother me but this is a chick lit series and on top of that it's not the best writing ever. Who would have thought a chick lit would be mediocre writing HAHA.

So to replace the books: Miss Match, Rematch, and Match Point I will be reading -

Otherwise Engaged by Suzanne Finnamore

My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler 


 Why I Love Singlehood by Elisa Lorello and Sarah Girrell



And just for kicks The Frugalista Files by Natalie McNeal because we all can be more frugal right?

So there we have it folks. Beginning of February and I'm already having to amend my list :-( But I feel excited about the ones I've added. I actually have just started Otherwise Engaged :-) Now that I'm engaged I think it'd be fun to read some humorous wedding books, but I won't be going overboard LOL. I'm sure even I'll be sick and tired of wedding stuff once we get into really planning.

6 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

good luck with reading. i LOVE to read.

Connie Mercer said...

I love to read also~just don't get to very often.

Tammy said...

I'm gonna take a look at these. "Why I love singlehood" sounds just like me! :) The "content to be on her own" part anyway. Good luck with your list.

ScrappnBee said...

These sounds like fun. Sorry that you had to change your list! That religious stuff can be heavy though!

Staci said...

I had to take a book series off my 50 books to read list for that reason. I'm glad you found some good books to replace the others.

Tracy said...

The book by Chelsea Handler should be good for some laughs, she is so funny.
Good for you for changing your list. There are too many good books out there to try and force yourself to read the ones you know wouldn't interest you.

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang