June 30, 2014

Thirty by Thirty

I have been on a roll with reading lately and it's been amazing! Yes I know I promised recipes and I can assure you those are coming...I've been baking, reading, and binge watching Grey's Anatomy!! Since I broke my toe my social life has kind of taken a dive but I am enjoying every minute of being at home and engaging in my favorite hobbies!

This past weekend I sat down and read a wonderful book in a day! It was easy to read in a day because it wasn't a fictional novel, it was short, and it was applicable to where I am at in my life!


Photo courtesy of Amazon


I first heard about this book from one of those random book lists on Pinterest...yes I am still hopelessly addicted to Pinterest and I don't foresee that changing any time soon. I am all about self improvement books and while this isn't necessarily a self improvement book it is a practical checklist of what you should have and know by 30. Does it all apply to every individual? Absolutely not. But this book does give you hope that entering your thirties isn't as bad as some people make it seem.

While I'm perfectly content at staying 28 for the moment I am feeling less anxious about entering my thirties in a couple years and I am determined to achieve everything in this book. I can already check off a few things...For example:

  • An email address, a voice mailbox, and a bank account -- all of which nobody has access to but you.
  • One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry.
  • How you feel about having kids.
  • Where to go -- be it your best friend’s kitchen table or a yoga mat -- when your soul needs soothing.


And I am so looking forward to discovering these things:

  • The realization that you are actually going to have an old age -- and some money set aside to help fund it.
  • Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it.
  • When to try harder and when to walk away.
  • How to live alone, even if you don’t like to.
  • Why they say life begins at 30


For those of you on the cusp of turning 30 I highly recommend you check out this book. My copy now resides on my entertainment stand for future reading and referencing when I start one of my million freak outs about turning 30.

And don't tell anyone but I think I'm almost to the point of being perfectly happy to kiss my twenties good bye! I'll enjoy the last two years of being in my twenties but I think I'm ready to be in my thirties and just moving forward in my life!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang