May 20, 2010

Cinnamon Chips!

I was so excited when I first browsed through the Hungry Girl 200 under 200 cookbook because Pita's are used A LOT! And I love Pita's. I never thought I would until I tried them a year or so ago and I fell in love. They are amazing with sandwiches, salads, dips, and so much more....Hungry Girl offers up a great snack using Pita's!! Of course I tried :-)


You will need: Whole Wheat Pita's, Baking Non Stick Spray, Splenda, and Cinnamon!
First preheat your oven to 350 degrees! Then mix your Splenda and Cinnamon together in a small bowl. And I mean small, there isn't much!


Then you take a baking sheet and spray it with the baking spray. And the most important part that I forgot to take a picture of...take your Pita and slice it into 6 wedges. Then very carefully separate each wedge into 2 slices by pulling it apart. You will see what I mean when you do it :-)
Then place the 12 pieces of Pita onto your baking sheet and spray the pita pieces with the baking spray. Then sprinkle your Splenda/Cinnamon mixture over the top of each piece.


Pop them into the oven for 5 to 7 minutes and VOILA...You have yourself some awesome cinna-licious pita chips!!


This is a A+++++ recipe! These are so good and such a healthy, but still sweet snack. And I love to snack! I usually get a craving in between 4 and 5 for some sort of snack. These will be perfect and when I make them next I am totally making the Creamy Vanilla Dip to go with them!
Check them out Sweet Cinnamon Pita Chips!!

1 comments:

Tracy said...

This looks absolutely delish. I want them NOW

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang