May 20, 2010

Mexican Meet American!

Two of my favorite foods coming together in one recipe! What more could a girl ask for? Well maybe if it included some sort of chocolate but I'm sure I'll get that soon enough! For now let's concentrate on the latest recipe I've tried from Hungry Girl's 200 Under 200 cookbook......Cheeseburger Quesadilla!!!!

You will need: a Tortilla, Boca Original Meatless burger (THAWED), Fat Free American Cheese, Onion, Pickles, Salt and Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Ketchup!!

Make sure to thaw your burger. This was a last minute meal for me and I had to "Defrost" it in the microwave! First you turn your oven on and crank it to 350 degrees. Then cut up the thawed burger into bite size pieces and cook them up in a pan on the stove top. You will add the onion to it and if you want (which I did) add the salt and pepper and garlic powder.

Once those are cooked up, lay a tortilla on a baking sheet (that you've sprayed with non stick spray) and place the American cheese on top of it.

Pop it into the oven for 2 minutes, just enough for the cheese to melt and then spoon the burger pieces and your chopped up pickles on top.

Fold it over and press it lightly so it seals, then pop it back in your oven for 3-5 minutes, depending on how crispy you want the tortilla to be.
Remove it from the oven want's you've achieved your desired crisp! Cut it into three triangles, prepare your ketchup for dipping, or if you want you could always whip up some Hungry Girl BBQ Sauce as your dip! And ENJOY!!



Let me first point out I am not a huge pickle fan...who am I trying to kid...I dislike pickles. I don't understand why people like them so much or how anyone can eat them plain...YUCK!! But I wanted to stick to Hungry Girls recipe so I kept them in there and now I can say I get it....the pickles added a little something extra that really just topped off this wonderful concoction!
I was so pleased with this recipe. I absolutely LOVE Mexican food!! I could eat it every day!! On top of that I get a craving for a burger all the time. We have burgers probably once a week! I don't know what it is about these two types of food but I can never get enough! To be able to combine the two was awesome...and next time I make this I am going to try and make it with a little more Mexican spice!!
Grade = A+
Everyone must try this: Click Here for AWESOMENESS!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang