October 15, 2012

Apple Dump Cake

Last week I found another recipe from the fabulous Pinterest for Apple Dump Cake
It seemed almost too easy to be true, so I had to try it!! And itt was actually perfect timing when this recipe popped up because Chuckle's coworker had just brought in a bunch of apples for everyone to take!


And since I am oh so lucky that my husband is a chef, he peeled, cored, and sliced the apples for me! Granted there was $20 bucks for him if he beat a certain time. Yup we placed a bet on how quickly he could complete this task and he blew it out of the water!

With that part taken care of the total time it took me to put this together (baking time not included) was less than 10 minutes!! You heard that right...less than 10 minutes!!

Ingredients:

  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 stick of butter or 1/2 cup of butter
  • Apples


After you've peeled, cored, and sliced your apples you will want to coat a 13 x 9 pan with non stick cooking spray. Then put all your apple slices into the 13 x 9 pan, spread them out to cover the entire bottom of the pan. You should have plenty but you can seriously have as many or as little as you prefer.


Sprinkle your cake mix over the top of your apples. I only used about half the bag of cake mix since I really wasn't sure how much was need, and the original recipe says to save some for when you get a hankering for an individual serving of this dish....trust me you will get a hankering!


Melt your butter and drizzle over the top of your cake mix. You may need more or less butter to cover all your cake mix. I drizzled the 1/2 cup of butter to start and figured I would add more later if needed.


From my experience you will need more butter or you can use water instead. When the timer went off and I checked the cake it still had some dry cake mix areas so I simply sprinkled some water over those sections and let it bake for a few minutes longer...worked like a charm!

Bake your cake at 350 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes total. I would say start with 35 since you may need to sprinkle more butter or water on top!


This cake was definitely one of the easier things I've ever made!! I cannot wait to try this dessert using different fruits, in fact I am definitely going to make it again using peaches!! And it's best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!!

If you love dump cakes, if you've never tried making a dump cake, if you like fruit cakes, or if you just love dessert you must try this out! I swear it'll become a stand by for when you need to whip up a dessert or when you get a hankering for something sweet!! I highly recommend this recipe for everyone!!

Thanks to the original recipe poster and of course to Pinterest!!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang