October 26, 2012

Cinnamon Cupcakes with Pumpkin Buttercream Frosting!

I have been on a cooking kick lately and I LOVE IT!! I am enjoying every Sunday even more than I usually do because while Chuckles watches football I spend my morning baking up a storm!! And it's perfect because we can still chat while being in separate parts of our home!!

A couple Sunday's ago I wanted to bake up some yummy treats for work so I made the Moistest Cake Ever (Holy throw back post!! Can you believe that was from 2009!!!) and a new Pinterest recipe for Cinnamon Cupcakes with Pumpkin Pie Frosting (a.k.a Pumpkin Butter Cream Frosting).

Ingredients:
Cupcakes:
  • 1 box french vanilla cake mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Frosting:
  • 1 16 oz container butter cream frosting
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
    1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch

 Combine all your cake mix ingredients in a bowl and mix well.


Grease a muffin tin, or if you want you can use liners but I always prefer no liners.


Bake in your oven for 18 - 20 minutes at 325 degrees. Let cool in the muffin tin for about 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.


Don't those look heavenly?!? They smelled delightful too!!

And if you end up with just a little bit extra you can fill up two cute flower shaped ramekins for your own personal little cakes...oh yes we went there :-)



You will then let these get completely cool! And then it's on to the frosting!

 Combine all your frosting ingredients. Whip that up really good!!


Then take this delicious frosting....


And generously apply to cupcake!! Top off with a little nutmeg and you are good to go!!


These cupcakes were pretty good!! They taste just like you would expect fall to taste and the nutmeg on top just adds a little taste of heaven!!

I will say I had higher hopes because I just love everything fall-ish to explode in my mouth....but that being said I put a couple in the fridge and had one cold that night and it was pretty fantastic!! 

Everyone at work who had one really liked it so I'll say it's a keeper of a recipe!! 

For the original recipe check out The Kurtz Corner!!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang