October 1, 2012

A Little Sass in Your Reading Pants!

I am so happy to report I have found a new favorite writer!! Her name is Laurie Notaro and she wrote this super funny book...

The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club!
While I don't think of myself as a member I would love to know and befriend every single person she wrote about, except for Dog Girl of course! (if you read the book you'll know who that is)


The book contains a bunch of short stories, which I'm guessing are columns Ms. Notaro wrote for the newspaper she was working for at the time, about mishaps in her life...well not really mishaps but apparently how life goes for those who belong to the Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club. I was hooked right from the beginning and I have already started another one of her books...yes she is that funny.

I can only compare her writing and life stories to that of Miss Chelsea Handler...and if you remember her books made me laugh out loud while I was at the gym, gaining me unwanted stares! This book I kept my LOL moments to myself until I was in the comforts of my own home with just Chuckles and the dog to judge me!

I loved loved loved this book! There is no real plot, but a collection of extremely funny tales. The book and author are not for everyone (talking to you Mandy & Mom) but like Chelsea Handler you do end up loving the character and thanking the skies above it's not your life!


Overall grade - A+! 
I laughed my butt off and I am already planning on reading ALL of her books!!

P.S. For those of you who noticed, no it's not on my original book list, nor are her other books, but more on that in my next book related post!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang