October 31, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Croissants!

I think it's safe to say now that unless I tell you otherwise all new recipes come from the magical Pinterest! I am thoroughly hooked, which is why I held out so long before joining. I'm not even joking, both my Mom and Sister were on it long before me and I just fought it and fought it...for this reason exactly...I have become consumed with the recipes and craft projects! But...it's amazing and I love it!

My colleague and I at work are in charge of a wonderful Halloween Dessert Potluck and we thought a great way to get people to sign up was to lure them in with baked goods! Of course I volunteered, in fact remember I made Cinnamon Cupcakes with Pumpkin Buttercream Frosting...well this time I made Pumpkin Pie Croissants!

Ingredients:
  • 2 tubes of crescent rolls
  • 4 oz cream cheese
  • 1 cup pumpkin
  • 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice +1 tbsp separate
  • 3 tbsp sugar + 4 tbsp separate

And believe it or not but I actually did not cut this recipe in half so if you think you'll need more than go ahead and double up. I found that I had a lot of leftover filling so you might just want to grab an extra can of crescent rolls.

The first thing you want to do is combine the cream cheese (softened), pumpkin, 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, and 3 tbsp sugar.


Mix it all together really well. Make sure your cream cheese is softened, mine didn't get as smooth as I would like, but I'm also super impatient and didn't want to wait any longer!


In a small bowl combine the remaining sugar and pumpkin spice. You will use this to "roll" the crescent rolls in. I was a little skeptical about this step but trust me if you have the same concerns I did, being that the filling would come plopping out when I rolled it, it won't happen!!


 Next up lay out your crescent rolls. Cut each roll into two rolls. Plop some of your filling on there and then roll up just like you would normally.


Next up, roll that in your above mixture. I just did two quick rolls, enough to thoroughly cover the roll....seriously what other word could I use beside roll!!!


Then get to placing those little rolls onto a baking sheet. I always put down aluminum foil and lightly spray with an olive oil baking spray.

Already looking delish and they aren't even baked yet!!

Once you have made and rolled all your crescent rolls pop those babies in the oven at 375 for 15 - 18 minutes. These actually don't have as strong of baking scent that I thought they would, but they will make your home smell slightly like pumpkin pie! I was definitely hovering around the oven dying to try one!

Baked to perfection!!

I'd recommend letting them cool down before popping one in your mouth because the filling gets hot hot hot!! These are delish! They literally taste like a bite sized pumpkin pie!! I was in love!! It took everything I had to not eat all of them...but I knew they needed to go to work the next day!!


I quickly transferred them to two little bowls we had and covered with wrap! They survived the day and were enjoyed by everyone at work! When I went into a meeting at 10 there were at least 6 in the bowl, at 11:30 all but one was gone!! 

If you'd like to check out the original recipe for these delish Pumpkin Pie Croissants you may do so here.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Alyssa said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMY!!! You always make the best stuff. If I move back up north I'm moving into your house.

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang