October 20, 2012

Garlic Chicken Poppers - A Must Try!

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this before (I probably have) but Chuckles and I are huge lovers of appetizers! Most Sundays in our house consist of sports and appetizers, maybe some Yahtzee thrown in for fun :)

We have a good amount of go to recipes (and some frozen items) for our appetizer Sundays but when I came across a new recipe for Garlic Chicken Puffs I knew I had to try it! So we did....on a Sunday :o)

I am going to apologize now because we were so anxious to try these little babies I completely forgot to take a photo of them when they were finished!! I know it's horrible and I almost thought of making them again just to take a picture but I haven't had time and I definitely want to share these with you all!!

Luckily that was the only photo I missed so we'll go ahead and get started with the infamous ingredients shot :o)
Ingredients:
  • 4 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup cooked shredded chicken
  • 2 cans crescent rolls


I cut the recipe in half since it was just the Chuckles and I, on top of the fact that we already had more than we needed in other apps!

Mix all ingredients (except the crescent rolls) together in a small bowl. I used the bowl my shredded chicken was in. BTW - I just cooked off a chicken breast and shredded it myself, no need to seek out pre-shredded chicken unless you want to!


After you've mixed that up get out your crescent rolls and roll them out. For each single crescent roll cut it in half. Place about a tablespoon of your chicken/cheese mixture onto the thicker part and get to rollin'!


Once they are rolled place on a baking sheet and pop those babies in the oven for 11-14 minutes at 375 degrees.


I cannot believe I forgot to get a picture of the finished product but picture these.....just browned!!


This recipe is a keeper for sure! We might alter it a bit and add some Parmesan cheese to the tops before baking off but even without these are delish!! We are definitely adding them to our normal appetizer menu!!

If you would like to see a wonderful picture of the finished product check out the original recipe here!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang