October 28, 2012

Avocado Chicken Salad

I have been doing a lot of baking and dinner entrees but I have not come up with something new for lunch in a long time!! While browsing Pinterest (of course) I came across a recipe for an Avocado Chicken Salad!! I am always on board with Chicken Salad and adding avocado = Sign me up!


This is a very simple twist on chicken salad but it is so tasty!! It will definitely be a regular in my lunch routine.

Ingredients:
  • Shredded chicken, cooked
  • 1 avocado
  • Tiny bit of light mayo
  • Cilantro
  • Green Onions
  • Lime Juice
  • Salt & Pepper

Combine all your ingredients in a bowl! I ended up using 2 cans of chicken.


I added a little more lime juice after the initial mix. And then added in the salt and pepper because I didn't want to lose the taste of the cilantro and green onions! Amazing combo I must say!


I am so excited that I tried this recipe. It is so flavorful and extremely filling! While I had it on a sandwich roll today I will definitely put this on a salad next time because that would be a pretty healthy lunch option!! This whole mix together is 4 servings and it's only 5 points!! That's pretty darn good for how great this is!!


A definite keeper for lunches!! I plan on having the rest of it this week!!

The original recipe came from Becoming Betty! Thanks for sharing such an awesome new chicken salad recipe!! I love it!

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Alyssa said...

I AM SO MAKING THIS. I love the taste of avocado and I love chicken salad and need simple ways to eat more protein... this is perfect. thanks for posting! <3

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang