February 8, 2010

Disgusted....

I am so disgusted by the book Lo's Diary and really should I be surpised? Lolita was hard enough to stomach but I thought why not read it from the other perspective? Great reason why...the main character is such a disturbed, disgusting child even before the evil man comes into her life.

I got as far as I could but when she tortures an innocent little hamster I slammed the book shut and threw it in my purse....I will be throwing the book away....go ahead and shame me for it but I can't see how anyone would want to read this trash....

*BIG SIGH* I am sadden to have to put down a book I spent money on and never read it but it's not like I don't have plenty more to read....

I will be reading The Hopeless Romantics Handbook next...Soon I'll have to start reserving the other books on my list from the library. I'm almost done with all the ones I own :)

Another one I'm not sure that I'll make it through is Wicked! But I'll give it go, maybe on a weekend we go camping this summer....

And a side update on Chuck...saw the Orthopedic today...he's out another 4 weeks! Poor guy! But there are definite signs of improvement...the doctor was able to move his foot in all directions without pain...but because of the special circumstances he doesn't want any weight or pressure put on it for at least another 4 weeks!!! Maybe Chuck should start a blog...I'll have to talk to him about that :)

Now I'm off to start a fire to go with this rainy evening...hopefully this headache will go away....

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I am loving your cute blog! (I found it through 2Ps!)

Can you tell me which widget you used to make your book list? I'd like to add one to my page and I love that you can cross out the ones you've read!

Thank you!!!

Kendall said...

Hi Jenn

Send me an email on 2Ps :-) It's not an actual widget just some HTML coding that I put together and manage....I can explain more in an email :-)

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang