August 18, 2012

Cookies From Miranda Lambert's Kitchen!

Recently I was catching up on my magazine addiction and came across a section from Taste of Home that was all about Miranda Lambert!! I grew up listening to country music and still listen to it and Miranda Lambert happens to be a female country singer I can stand behind! I love her "don't take shit" attitude and her happy love story with husband Blake Shelton (for those who don't know he's also a country singer).

But in this article was broken into 10 Random "Things" About Miranda Lambert and number 6 was a recipe for cookies called "Magic". Of course I wanted to try them, just look at the ingredients:

  • 1 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
  • 1 Cup White Sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.

Look at that peanut butter!!!!!!!!!! YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Combine all your ingredients in one bowl.


Mix well.


Roll the dough into golf ball sized balls, or a little smaller. I did them just a bit smaller. Then using a fork create criss-cross marks. Yup, just like peanut butter cookies...coincidence perhaps?


Throw those babies into the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. And then head to the kitchen to wash up all those dishes you used! At this point this was by far the best part of these cookies. Seriously only used a handful of dishes and only one bowl - that's a keeper of a recipe!


And voila after 10 minutes not only will all your dishes be clean but you will have these amazing cookies ready to be consumed. No I do not wait for cookies to cool completely before I taste them...how could you?


One of the biggest plus' to this recipe is that it doesn't make a huge batch, just enough to satsify the sweet tooth and if you have guests over you probably won't have any leftover!! YAY!!

These cookies are super delish, but they taste exactly like regular Peanut Butter Cookies. I get why Miranda Lambert and family call them Magic! With less ingredients to mix and dishes to do it is magical that these turn out so well and are soooo easy!!

I highly recommend (obviously who wouldn't want to eat a yummy peanut butter cookie) and I definitely hope that if I'm ever invited as a guest to Miranda Lambert's home (yes I have high hopes) I will get to enjoy these delish little cookies!!

1 comments:

doodybug said...

somewhere along the line she added p/b chips to recipe.

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang