August 16, 2012

Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies

A couple weekends ago I was in some major need of some easy living!! I turned my cell phone off, stayed off the computer and got back to doing things I love doing. Of course one of those things was baking!! :)

I had been wanting to try a recipe I had found back in January for Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies! The recipe looked super easy and after making Caramel Cake I am convinced that brown sugar is AMAZING!

Again, we had everything on hand so this recipe was already a winner.
  • 1 Cup Butter, softened
  • 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
  • 2 1/4 Cups Flour
  • Nonstick Cooking Spray
  • Sugar


First up beat your butter using an electric mixer, then add in your brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Beat until fully combined.


Next it's time to start adding in your flour. The original recipe says to blend in as much flour as you can using your mixer, I was able to get it all in there no problem.


Your dough should look similar to this, if not exactly like this :)

Then get your prep station ready!! Grab your cookie sheet, spray with cooking spray (I always put aluminum foil down to keep the washing dishes to a minimum), a cookie stamp (if you don't have one don't worry neither do I so I just used a fork), and sugar.

Roll your dough into 1 inch balls and place on your cookie sheet. Then dip your cookie stamp in sugar and stamp onto your dough. Since I couldn't dip my fork into the sugar and get the sugar to stay I just made the criss cross marks and sprinkled a small amount of sugar all over the cookies!


Pop those babies in your oven at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack and let cool!!


These cookie were "okay", "so-so", "meh"!! They are shortbread cookies which I had to keep reminding myself since I was hoping for some more flavor and was not getting it. They are your typical shortbread cookies but without that melt in your mouth sensation. I don't know about the rest of you but I much prefer shortbread cookies that just melt in your mouth....like the ones we gave out at our wedding as favors. Now those were AMAZING!!

The recipe for these got trashed. I just know I'll never make them again. Even Chuckles said they were pretty bland and just not our "flavor" of cookies :) 

If you love shortbread then definitely give these a go, they are good just not what we prefer!!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang