August 18, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake!!

Remember back when I was talking about making a Tres Leches Cake for a coworker! Well I can finally tell you all about my experience doing that because his birthday has now passed! So let's just dive right in!!

This cake requires very little ingredients but some of those aren't ones you might have on hand. So before you start you must check that you have everything: Heavy Whipping Cream, Evaporated Milk, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Regular Milk, Butter, Baking Powder, Flour, Sugar, Eggs, Vanilla Extract, and a fruit (I used Strawberries).

First you cream the butter, sugar, and eggs!


Then mix together the flour and baking soda and add that mixture to the Creamy Mixture two tablespoons at a time. I have no idea how important that is but I followed the recipe strictly because I've never made Tres Leches!


Pour the mixture into a pre-greased 13 x 9 pan. And pop into the oven, which you will have preheated to 350 degrees!!


Once fully baked, which you must check with a toothpick, make several piercings in the cake with a fork! And I mean several, cover your entire cake with them! Then just let it cool for a few hours, you will want it to be completely cooled before the next step!


Once cooled go ahead and grab your "Tres leche" and mix together. Because the sweetened milk is thicker you want to make sure to blend them well. Then I poured all this into a glass measuring cup that had a little spout!


And pour this sweet mixture over your completely cooled cake! I let the first couple of pours soak in and then slowly poured the rest making sure to cover the entire cake!


Then let it soak for 2 hours! Next its time to get your Heavy Whipping Cream, Sugar, and Vanilla Extract!! And get to whipping my friends! Make sure you get a nice thick whipped cream and began spreading!!!!



Oh yum!! This looked amazing!


Then cut up some strawberries, sprinkle a little sugar and mix up in a bowl. Spread evenly over the frosting!


Then cut and enjoy!



This turned out AMAZING! I am definitely breaking my arm by patting myself on the back but it really was that good!! I brought it to work as our test run and it was loved by my coworker Joseph. Sadly I had to throw most of it out because the Birthday Boy Derek was coming back on Tuesday...but I remade it the following sunday to celebrate this past monday and it turned out............BETTER!! I really didn't think it was possible but yes I successfully remade the cake and it was just LOVED by everyone! I couldn't be prouder and it couldn't have been easier. You must make this recipe: Tres Leches Cake.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

okay... NEVER throw out ANY dessert :o)

I will gladly take it off your hands!

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang