August 29, 2010

Refinished Chairs = A Sore Back!!

This weekend was a very productive weekend or maybe I should say Saturday was productive! I spent all day yesterday working on refinishing three of our six dining room chairs! Unfortunately I did something horrible to my back and could not work on the other three today! But 3 out of 6 isn't bad for one day :) Here's a flashback of the dining room table we scored!!

Here's a picture of one of them, the ones I worked on don't have arms like this one but you get the idea! Check out that HIDEOUS seat cushion YUCK!!

Originally I had planned on sanding each one of these babies down but my Mom came up with the brilliant idea of only priming them. Which duh if they don't need to be sanded why not just prime them! I was really happy that these three chairs did not need to be sanded I went and bought some spray paint primer and started sprayin!


After an hour to dry I went out and painted them the AMAZING Espresso color


And TA DA, the new seat cushions! I was able to pick up some very plain brown fabric and some ribbon to match our curtains! I just used a staple gun to attach the fabric and I was super happy to be able to hot glue the ribbon and not have to sew it on! Saved me some time for sure!!


Finally the NEW AND IMPROVED chair!! I am so pleased with how the chairs turned out and the color scheme is just perfect! It's not too flashy but still incorporates the dining room colors!!


A shot of all three that I did on saturday! I couldn't be prouder of these. It took a lot of work but it's all worth it now!! 3 down 3 more to go! I am hoping to get the other 3 seat cushions covered this week and then next weeked I am hoping to get the other three chairs painted. But this time those three chairs will be done over 2 days instead of one day. My back is shot and my wrist was killing me last night!


Does anyone else like to refinish furniture? I just love it because I can control our color scheme more easily...I am very excited that all of our furniture downstairs to be the same exact color, well except the TV stand which we bought new! But it's pretty darn close!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang