September 22, 2012

Easy Garlic Chicken

Remember how I've been on the lookout for easy recipes to whip up after work?? Well I've found another recipe that only requires 4 ingredients!! That must be easy right?? And of course I found it on Pinterest, originally from here.

Technically I didn't whip this up after work, in fact it was last Sunday! I had found a new recipe for Garlic Cheddar Biscuits (oh yes that's coming soon) and needed something simple that I could make to go with it! Enter Easy Garlic Chicken...


Ingredients
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 garlic cloves (I used garlic powder)
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil.

In a small bowl combine your olive oil, garlic powder, and brown sugar!


Place your chicken in a baking dish, you can line with foil or not, then spread your above mixture all over the top of your chicken breast.


Bake uncovered in your oven at 500 degrees for 15-30 minutes. Ours baked for 20 minutes and it was perfect, I recommend baking for 15 minutes then add time to that, it all depends on how you like your chicken!

Add some side dishes and you've got yourself dinner within 30 minutes!! Yes from prep to finish this meal probably takes only 30 minutes, it took me about 40 but that's with taking pictures!


Both Chuckles and I enjoyed this meal but we'd go with fresh garlic over garlic powder! It wasn't super fantastic but it definitely had potential to be fantastic! Also we are going to try this out on pork chops because garlic and brown sugar with pig...uhh hello yummy-ness!!

I definitely recommend this recipe for those who are looking for a quick easy and sure to please chicken recipe! And of course I highly recommend those Garlic Cheddar Biscuits....watch out that recipe is coming up next!

For one chicken breast it's 5 weight watcher points plus. 

Enjoy!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang