September 25, 2012

Georgia's Kitchen

I would love to say that my reading drought is over but I am treading carefully with that statement. Recently I finished 3 books (and no I have not been holding out on you, I literally finished all 3 within 3 days of each other) and I am really hoping I've found my groove but the last time I said that was how long ago??

In my defense we have been pretty busy folks and I have not been reading on my lunch breaks like I normally do, basically because I haven't been taking lunch breaks!

At night I've been wanting to read but we recently also started Family Walks after work, us and the dogs go for a quick 20 minute walk, which I am loving but by the time I get home we go for a walk and finish cooking then eating dinner I feel like A. Plopping my butt in front of the boob tube or B. I've got a million things on my checklist to take care of! I've been trying to read at night in bed but I usually end up dozing off...

Regardless I just finished up three books, the first one being...drum roll please.........



Georgia's Kitchen by Jenny Nelson!

The story revolves around a Head Chef named Georgia Gray who unfortunately suffers a career setback in New York City. She is then blacklisted in New York and knows the chances of getting a decent job as a head chef or even sous chef are slim to none. But fate intervenes like usual and our main character Georgia is offered a temporary summer position at a new restaurant in Italy!!!!!

Who wouldn't take that? Especially after she gets fired AND loses her fiancee all in one day! Yup girl has it rough! Then she gets to go to Italy and the adventure begins there....

It's a very cute story and I really enjoyed all of the cooking aspects of the novel. But I will warn you the book is somewhat predictable. I think that's why I wasn't in a huge rush to finish this book, well until we had Campfest this past weekend and I had some relaxing time...

Overall grade - B+. I really enjoyed it, loved the main character, and loved the author for including dogs in the story...it's small details that I love the most! 

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang