September 16, 2012

Mini Mexican Night!

My schedule at work recently changed and for three days out of the week I have a 45 minute commute to and from work....meaning when I want to cook dinner on that night I need something easy, quick, and of course delicious!

This past Tuesday I had put these awesome Mini Mexican Pizza's on the dinner menu and aside from getting home at 5:45 and taking the dogs for a walk with Chuckles I still had the energy and desire to try out this new recipe. It met all my requirements, easy? check, quick? check, and delish? double check!!

I found this recipe on Pinterest...of course!!

Ingredients
  • 3-4 Tortillas
  • 1 lb lean ground beef (you can use turkey if you want)
  •  2 tsp dry taco seasoning
  • 1/2 cup low fat refried beans
  • 1/2 cup low fat shredded mexican blend cheese
  • Optional, lettuce, olives, sour cream, guacamole, etc..



First things first cook up your ground beef.


While you ground beef is browning you might want to take this opportunity to "cut" up your tortillas. If you have a biscuit cutter or even a plain round cookie cutter I recommend you use that. I use a glass to punch out the circles from my tortillas.


Once you beef is all browned drain the fat (if any, we get the 93/7) and toss the beef in a bowl with your taco seasoning.


After mixing the ground beef and seasoning toss in your refried beans! I cheated and added a little more than the recipe called for, I love refried beans!!


Umm I know it looks kind of gross but with those three ingredients you know it's going to be good!! Who doesn't love Mexican food?? Not this girl!


Spray your muffin tin with baking spray or olive oil spray. Place each of your tortilla rounds into the muffin tin. Then fill up each muffin tin with your meat and bean mixture.


Top with cheese and olives (optional). Then put in your oven at 425 degrees for about 12-15 minutes.


Once your cheese is melted is probably the best indicator of when they are done or if you prefer crispier shells leave them in a bit longer! I like them best when my cheese is fully melted.


Top with any of the additional toppings you'd like. I only topped mine with lettuce because we had NO sour cream!! I was devastated when I went to pull out my beloved sour cream to find we were out. I feel like we always have it around!! Not this time!!


Despite not having any sour cream these were delicious!! I really really enjoyed them!! 

We added some Mexican Rice as a side and I ended up eating 3 of the mini mexican pizzas! While I think they are perfect for dinner Chuckles thinks they would be great appetizers!! I highly recommend this recipe, whether you want them for dinner or apps is your choice :o)

I would however recommend you make sure you have all your toppings before making them! :o)

Hope everyone is having a very Happy Sunday!! It's been a very relaxing one around here!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

ummm... POINTS VALUE?? Jeez :P they look delish!

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang