September 11, 2012

Thin Mint Smoothie

I hope everyone had a great weekend!! We sure did!!

Friday night was date night for Chuckles and I. We actually spent this date night doing something right up my alley....SHOPPING!! Unfortunately I was not as successful as I was hoping but Chuckles was!! He got a bunch of nice new clothes and some new kicks!! I walked away with a super comfy new robe, some awesome slippers, tights, and scored a killer deal on some cute heels! Woohoo!!


Saturday I got up and completed this killer run!! I set out to only do 8 but ended up doing just over 9...my longest run so far and it felt AMAZING!!



I knew with this run I earned some major Weight Watcher Activity Points meaning I got to indulge in this


Looks kind of gross right?? It's actually quite the opposite!! That my friends is a Thin Mint Smoothie and it's Uhhhhh-mazing!!! Total worth the 9 Weight Watcher Points Plus too!!!

I am never consistent with my smoothie making but apparently now I've got the itching for them!! I believe I've mentioned the awesome blog Peanut Butter Fingers where I've been trying out some of her recipes and enjoying the cute pics of her dog Sadie!! This smoothie recipe came from there!!

You will need a few ingredients that you may not have lying around. I didn't but I think it's totally worth purchasing them:

  • 1 Cup 2% milk
  • 1 1/2 Scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
  • 1 teaspoon Xantham Gum
  • 2 Large Handfuls of Spinach
  • 5 Ice Cubes
  • Peppermint Extract, to taste


Combine all your ingredients in your blender. Be careful with the peppermint extract. If you've never used it before then you are hereby officially warned: a tiny bit goes a long way. Plus you can always add in more later, just go easy on the extract at first!!


Start blending!! :o) Don't you just love our new blender?? Up until now I had been using our food processor to make smoothies and while it did the job I am so in love with this baby!! Having a blender is a must from now on!!


While this looks totally disgusting it actually smelled really good!!


I did run into a slight problem. It was THICK!! I had a hard time getting it into the glass without spilling it all over but I did prevail...


I took one spoonful and I was in heaven!! This little green monster tastes like a mint chocolate cookie in smoothie texture form....does that make sense??


I even had Chuckles try it and he was impressed! You really can't taste the spinach and if you can look past the color I guarantee you will really enjoy it!

Oh and the xantham gum is to help thicken up the smoothie, when I make it again I'll be using a little bit less so that it's drinkable!

Enjoy!!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang