September 24, 2012

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits - To Die For!

Well folks I can honestly say that I'm not sure I'll ever buy garlic bread again!! I stumbled upon a new recipe for Garlic Cheddar Biscuits from a Taste of Home magazine and our life has changed...for the better!! And just in time for fall where pasta's, crock pot meals, soup, and stews become a part of the normal dinner menu!

I swear once you try these babies you won't want to pay for a loaf of garlic bread again!!

Just check out this amazingness!!


We even had everything you need on hand...I swear it was meant to be :)

Ingredients
  • 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • Onion powder
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder

Mix your biscuit/baking mix, cheddar cheese, and onion powder together in a mixing bowl.


Then add in the milk and mix well.


Mix your dough well and then drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. I made 9 biscuits but the recipe calls for 15! I definitely need to work on that!



Bake your biscuits for 8-10 minutes at 450 degrees. They will definitely start to smell amazing after about 5 minutes!! I could not wait to pop one of these in my mouth!!

Once you've pulled the biscuits from the oven it will be time to make your garlic butter glaze.

Combine your melted butter and garlic powder. 


Take a pastry brush and spread your butter/garlic glaze over each biscuit! You can put as much or as little as you prefer. I doused them in it because we love garlic!!

Oh yeah don't those look amazing?? They smell phenomenal and I bet you'll find them hard to resist! Chuckles had 4 that night!!!! 

Since my dividing skills aren't that great and I only made 9 instead of 15 they were a little high points. With 9 it works out to 5 points per biscuit (yikes) but with 15 they are only 3 points per biscuit!! I'd say this recipe is a keeper for that alone!! 

It was so hard not eat all of these that night!! I'm serious they are amazing!! Then I brought one to work the next day to have with my frozen spaghetti meal and oh I thought I'd die right there!! Let these sit over night with that glaze and they are even better!!! 

Let's recap - super delish, low in points (for garlic biscuits), easy, quick and inexpensive!! We were totally sold and decided we never have to buy garlic bread again! Make these as soon as you can!!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang