September 3, 2012

Quick & Easy!

I have got a super quick and super easy new recipe for you!!! 

Bonus = It's a crock pot recipe so there isn't much work to be done on your part!

I actually got this recipe from Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers, the same blog I got the Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffin recipe from. Julie calls it her Two Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken, I think we'll call it the easiest meal in the world!!

For this recipe you need:
  • Chicken breasts (depends on how many people you have to feed, we only need 2)
  • 1-3/4 cup reduced sodium or reduced fat chicken broth (adjust if you are feeding more than 2)
  • BBQ Sauce(your own preference)
  • Kaiser Roll (or whichever type of sandwich style roll you enjoy most)
See how you really make the recipe based on your needs and your own personal preferences....so awesome! Everyone gets to be a winner!!

Sadly the kaiser roll is not present.

First things first - place your chicken and broth in the crock pot.


Next - turn the crock pot on low and let cook for 8 hours. I happened to have this going while Alycia and I were scrapbooking...the kitchen smelled pretty darn good!! 

At the 8 hour point remove your chicken from your crock pot and drain the broth. Now, you can decide to do this next part in your crock pot or in a bowl. I will do it in the crock pot next time but since I wasn't really thinking I used a separate bowl.


Shred your chicken breasts!!! For shredding I went old skool....two forks!


Now here's where I sort of changed a step in the recipe.The original version had you placing the above shredded chicken on your roll and then topping with BBQ sauce! That's a great idea for those who prefer a little bit less BBQ sauce. Me personally, the saucier the better!

So I dumped BBQ sauce in the crock pot (still set to Low) and let it cook a little longer, about 30 minutes.

 Doesn't that look so yummy!?!

Now it's time to put together your sandwich...slice your roll in half and place as much shredded chicken as you would like, slap the top half of the roll back on and voila...


These were soooo good!! I am sure at some point in my life I have had shredded chicken out of a crock pot....but it's been a really long time because this was like heaven in my mouth. It was exactly what I was craving and the sauce was saucy! I loved this recipe cause it was so easy and we always have the ingredients on hand. 

To complete this lovely meal I added a handful of Snapea Crisps! I seriously can't get enough of those Snapea Crisps!! 


Coming from someone who used to HATE eating chicken, I will gladly eat this any night of the week!! 
  
Enjoy!

P.S. I've got another crock pot chicken recipe coming your way this week!! Beer Can Crockpot Chicken! Don't worry it's safe for kiddos!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang