August 16, 2009

Hello Bloggers

So for tonights new Recipe we tried Sweet N Sour Meatballs!! And it was a huge DISAPPOINTMENT!! I'll post the pictures and if anyone cares for the recipe let me know, but they just were not very good.

The ingredients: 1 lb ground beef, 1/2 cup quick cooking oats, 1 cup sugar, 1 1/2cup water, 1 egg and 1 1/4 cup ketchup.


Fresh out of the oven. The sauce was so greasy! Yuck, so we just ate the meatballs without the sauce mixture.


I ate mine with some leftover mashed potatoes from last nights dinner and made some garlic bread. I just took a piece of a sourdough baguette, mixed some butter, garlic powder, basil and a little bit of oregano, spread the butter mixture onto the loaf, topped with mozzarella cheese, then cooked for about 10 minutes at 375 in the oven ;-) It's always a yummy hit! i love making our own garlic bread.



Chuck decided to turn his into a meatball sandwich. And this is definitley the way to go with these. I didn't finish my meatballs but he hate his entire sandwich. He just put it on slice sourdough baguette (toasted) with the meatballs, marinara sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Popped into the oven for a few minutes and enjoyed! It was better than the meatballs on their own, but we both agree it's not a keeper!
So first Sunday night dinner disappointment! Oh well.
Made some Lemon Bars yesterday that are amazing, I will post pictures later and then made some chocolate chip muffins today
I haven't been my normal self this weekend so I have been home all weekend relaxing and doing nothing, so I finally got tired of sitting around and baked a little bit. I will get the dessert and muffins up later :-)
Hope you all had a great weekend!




0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang