September 30, 2009

Corn Bread Hamburger Pie

So tonight I tried out a new recipe :-) We are going camping this weekend and I'm not sure I'll get to try one out on Sunday. I might be making Pizza Joes cause they sound and look easy but we shall see. But point is: I wanted to still try a new recipe!

I made Cornbread Hamburger Pie

Ingredients:

1lb ground beef
1 tsp onion powder
1 can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1/4 cup salsa
2 tbls ketchup
1 package corn bread/muffin mix


Some of the ingredients....

You brown the meat and drain. Then I added the soup, salsa, ketchup, salt and pepper, and onion powder. Mixed it all together. Let it heat up for a few minutes.
Then you put it all in a casserole dish and put the cornbread mix on top of it. Place it in 400 degree fahrenheit oven and bake for 20 minutes (or until cornbread is baked all the way)

I forgot to take a picture of when it first came out, so here it is after we've dug into it :-)




I just place it in bowls and we had this only for dinner. It was very filling!!! I liked it but we both decided we wanted to leave out the salsa, it just didn't taste quite right, but without the salsa it would be awesome! I guess Chuck and I just aren't big on mixing salsa into anything. Almost all recipes with salsa mixed in we decided we would prefer without. We will just leave the salsa to the chips :-)


So another successful new recipe to add to our dinner menu, especially since it was so easy and can be done on busy nights! Plus its a nice warm dinner to have a cold night :-)

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang