June 27, 2010

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs!

Okay maybe it was EXTREMELY SUNNY with a Gurantee of Meatballs!!

Awhile back I had found a recipe for crock pot meatballs that sounded simple and quick!! Luckily we had all the ingredients I needed: Sugar, Quick Oats, Milk, Onion Powder, Apple Cider Vinegar, Ketchup, and Ground Beef!!

Start by combing milk and oats..................
Then add the ground beef and mix well. Then roll the mixture into individual meatballs! Throw them in the crock pot.


Then combine the sugar, onion powder, ketchup, and apple cider vinegar in another bowl.


And pour over the meatballs....then refrigerate overnight. The next morning you turn them on low and let it sit for 8 hours....
Needless to say, the meatballs never stuck together so it turned into a meat spaghetti sauce. After a quick call to my honey to get help on turning it into a sauce, I left it on low and went for a quick bike ride....





It was actually really good. I also tried out Whole Wheat Pasta, which I'm not so fond of, but with the meat sauce it was really yummy!! I just wish I had some garlic bread to go with it....Next time I think I'll add more oats until the mixture is thick and I can make the meatballs stay together!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang