June 26, 2010

Lemon Squares Anyone???

Oh yes I'm back at it! I am back in the kitchen trying out recipes and it feels so good!! Not only am I trying new recipes but Hungry Girl is now back in my life after a few weeks break!

Last week while Chuck was working one night I decided to make myself a new dinner recipe AND a new dessert recipe! I wanted to use a Hungry Girl recipe for dessert so I pulled out the trusty 200 Under 200 Calories book and flipped to a flagged recipe...that recipe was............Fluffy Lemon Squares!!

You will need: Fiber One Bran Cereal, Splenda (or in my case Ideal), Whole Wheat Flour, Egg Beater Mix, Butter, Lemon, Lemon Juice, Sugar and Baking Powder.

First you "soften" your butter, then you put the fiber bran cereal into a food processor and grind away. Combine the two together and then pat it down in a greased 8 x 8 pan, Pop it in the oven for a few minutes.



While the "crust" is in the oven combine all your other ingredients. Only use part of the lemon rind, not the whole lemon.

Yum...it smelled so GOOD!! I just love the smell of lemons!


Pour the mixture into the pan over the crust.
Pop it back in the oven and wait for your kitchen to feel with a wonderful lemon aroma.

I was super stoked that my sister suprised me and stopped by because I got a second opinion!! And the verdict is......


The filling was AMAZING!! The crust not so good. We both would prefer a original crust for lemon bars but the filling can stay! I highly recommend anyone who loves lemon bars to try it!! Thank You Hungry Girl!!!
Recipe coming shortly............

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang