June 28, 2010

I've Finally Done IT!!

I have finally found a scone recipe that turns out AWESOME! I feel like I've tried so many different scone recipes but have never been able to achieve the same Scone texture as you can in Cafes!

It was so simple and the only ingredient I needed to get at the store was some buttermilk, which is fine I have that on hand almost all the time :-)

You will need: Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Flour, Sugar, Egg, Butter, Milk, Buttermilk, and Salt!!

Combing all the dry ingredients and then cut in your one stick of butter...blend until you reach a crumble mixture!
Then add in the buttermilk and blend just until the dough starts to stick together!

Then take it out and gently knead it 4 or 5 times. Roll out into a circle and cut into 6 "pie-shaped" pieces".



Place two baking sheets on top of each other and place "parchment" paper (I used wax paper) on the top sheet. Then place your scones on the baking sheet.


Bake in the oven! Once removed from oven sprinkle with powdered sugar. Then turn your broiler on to High. And pop them back in for just a few SECONDS!


The recipe actually calls for the scones to go in for a few minutes but look at what happend...


Needless to say I was CRUSHED!!! I finally thought I'd found the perfect scone recipe! After I let these cool I cut off the top just to try the inside and see how it was! IT WAS GREAT! After a quick bike ride I came home and baked a whole 'nother batch and this time I did not broil anything! I just left the sugar off...who needs it anyways?


Yum...these were so good! I took a couple down to my sister and mom, who I was meeting up with that night to go to a fundraiser....



Next time I am going to add in some fruit...probably some blueberries and then maybe I'll make some raspberry scones too! This is a recipe to hang on to and it's SUPER easy!!

Recipe coming soon............
P.S. This is by no means a Hungry Girl recipe...

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang