November 17, 2010

Minty Goodness for Your Mouth!

Awhile back my Mom sent me a spectacular recipe! Brownies with a mint suprise! How couldn't you go wrong with that? Well the recipe officially calls for York Peppermint Patty Miniatures but since I haven't been able to find them I had to use a substitute!

That substitute would be the awesome See's Candy Peppermints! These things are seriously AMAZING! And we are lucky enough to have a See's store right up the street from our house! You will also need a brownie mix, an egg, and some oil. We only had a double chocolate brownie mix but I'm sure you could use any kind you want to.


A plus to using the double chocolate is the extra chocolate sauce that comes with the mix! I seriously wanted to just pour it in my greedy mouth but I thought better of it! :-) I love chocolate!


Next I cut up the Peppermints so that they were smaller. Look at that massive amount of peppermint encased by delicious milk chocolate! Double YUM!


Next step pour half the brownie mix in an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan, then top with your mints!


Pour the remaining mixture over the top! Can't even see the mints now! I guess thats where the SUPRISE is going to come into play :)

Bake according to the directions on the box!


Then cut up and enjoy! Now these were almost IMPOSSIBLE to cut up and we as usual were impatient so we essentially destroyed any possibilty of them looking presentable. But hey when it's just you eating them does it really matter what it looks like?


I have to say that these were alright. For some reason the mints didn't work very well. The sunk through the chocolate and then stuck to the bottom of the pan while baking. It was such a pain in the ass. Maybe I should have put more batter down for the base or maybe with the yorks they won't be as dense and will stay in the middle. So I was a little disappointed.


And there is a mint brownie mix out there that is way better and with those I can put them in my Perfect Brownie Pan and not worry about cutting them up. While I was disappointed with them using the See's I am going to try them again as soon as I can get my hands on the York Miniatures and I think I'll stick to a regular brownie mix!

1 comments:

Tracy said...

They look good no matter how you cut them.
I wonder if you were to cut the mints really tiny, maybe they were to heavy and thats why they fell to the bottom. I don't know the size of the minitures to compare.

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang