June 28, 2012

Crock Pot "Stir-Fry"

I've been on quite the roll lately with getting back into cooking and making new recipes! Basically with the wedding planning and being super busy Chuck had taken over all the cooking for a long time and I've missed it so much!! But I'm back and pushing out Weight Watcher Recipes like no other!! And it's been such a blast!!

I just made this Crock Pot "Stir-Fry" which was extremely interesting to me! I just had to try it cause it's a stir fry made in a crock pot! Does it get any better than that?

You will need 1-1/2 lbs lean boneless pork loin (cut into 1-1/2 inch chunks), 2 tbls fresh ginger (I used bottled ginger), 4 garlic gloves minced, 2-1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth, 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce (my new fave), 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1lb bag of frozen broccoli and cauliflower, and an onion (or onion powder).


After you've cut up your pork toss it into the crock pot with the ginger and garlic.


In a separate bowl combine the broth and hoisin sauce.


Pour over the pork and refrigerate over night. Or if you have time in the AM to do all this go ahead and do it then. I don't have time before work so I always put things together the night before so I only have to turn the crock pot on!


You will cook the pork mixture on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Once you've hit the allotted time then you combine the soy sauce and cornstarch into a small book and whisk until smooth.


Once your soy sauce/cornstarch is mixed, take the pork out of the crockpot and set aside in a separate bowl. Only remove the pork leave the "Sauce" in there.


Then pour your soy sauce/cornstarch mixture into the crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes or until the mixture simmers.


Then stir in the broccoli and cauliflower. Cover and cook on high for about 45 minutes.


After 45 minutes toss your pork back into the crock pot and cook on high for another 10 minutes.


Measure out 1 cup of the mixture onto a place and I added 1/2 cup white rice. Can't be a stir fry without some right right?

Doesn't that look delish?? It really was! And your house will smell so good when you get home! It was such a great smell getting off work, especially since I worked late and I had zero desire to cook dinner! Great thing was - dinner was pretty much made for me!

And bonus 1 cup of the mixture is only 5 weight watcher points and then 1/2 cup white rice is only 3 points. So a whole dinner for 8 weight watcher points!! Oh yes!! You know what that means....there is room for dessert!! Yes I had 2 of my Spice Crackle Cookies!! 

Even if you aren't doing weight watchers you MUST try this recipe! It was super good!! Chuckles devoured his serving!!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang