June 10, 2012

There's A Spouse in My House!

When we first got engaged I of course jumped on the band wagon and wanted to read all the fun and helpful "Planning Your Wedding" books! Lucky for me my awesome sister gave me a whole planning binder and my friend Alycia had a whole bunch of leftover books she used during her wedding planning.

Yes I also bought Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for wedding planning to keep me sane! And you know what? I loved those books! They were fun, informative and some a little silly! I figured why not grab one after wedding book that was light and fun for our first year of marriage! So I grabbed this one...

Source

This book is awesome! The author really knows how to hit the funny bone and of course some of these things don't apply to us since we've been together for over 5 years, and living together for almost 5 years now (Yup we moved in together super quick). But it was still really funny and humorous! I couldn't put it down. I'd make sure I'd have enough time in the morning before work to read a quick chapter just because it was so cute!

Would I recommend this book as serious advice? Maybe, Maybe Not. It really depends on where you are in your relationship when you get married. If you haven't lived together - then yes this book can be handy. Haven't really "dealt" with the in laws and splitting up the holidays - then for sure this book can help. Not sure how to deal with your Spouse's annoying habits (you've got some too - just remember that) then this book helps provide a light hearted way of just letting those habits go!

One of the best parts of this book is that the author gives out "Husband" advice and "Wife" advice at the end of each chapter. And trust me ladies you will love the advice that he gives the husbands!!

If you just got married or you are getting married soon go ahead and pick up a copy of this book! Don't read it until you're married but honestly it's a fun book to read, especially after you get through the stressful wedding (that turned out absolutely perfect despite your months of worry)!

Overall grade - A+!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang