June 26, 2012

Spice Crackle Cookies

I hate to even post this recipe without ALL the pictures that I should've taken but it's too good of a recipe not to post! I would just remake it and take new pictures but I can't afford to have these little balls of goodness hanging around our house again!!
 
I can't believe I didn't even take a picture of the ingredients but I must have been so into my cooking/baking that night (I did make 4 new recipes) that I got so wrapped up in just cooking! Not going to lie it was really nice! I did however get some pictures because I went in with every intention of blogging all new recipes!

This one is a must try for everyone! It is a weight watchers recipe too which makes it even better right? :)

You only need a few ingredients that I'm sure most of you have on hand, I actually had everything I needed which was so nice to not have to go to the store!

Gather up - 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar, 1 large egg, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, 2 cups all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/3 tsp table salt, 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice, and 1/4 cup powdered sugar.

First toss you butter and brown sugar into your mixing bowl and mix well.


Next up toss in the egg and vanilla extract, beat well.


Then you add in the flower, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice!


Blend until your dough forms a ball like this.


Then roll out 36 balls. Yes 36 exactly or you will screw up the Weight Watchers Points. This part took the longest for me cause I ended up making the balls too small at first and had to go through and add dough to each one until I ran out of dough!

Then take the balls roll them in powdered sugar and bake them in the oven at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes. 8 minutes was perfect in my oven!

 I hate to not even have a picture of the finished product but they look exactly how they look going into the oven. They don't flatten out they stay in little round balls! And I dare you not to pop one in your mouth fresh out the oven. They smell heavenly and taste just like Christmas to me!! I was stoked! Only 2 points a cookie and they are AMAZING!! I even made sure to set aside 4 points for the next day so I could eat 2!!! 

Whatever you do, DO NOT leave these babies uncovered! I put them in a Tupperware container and hauled them off to work but if you leave them sitting out they will get hard as rock!!

I already know I'll be making these a lot during Christmas time and probably even before Christmas hits!! I highly recommend you try them, even if you aren't doing Weight Watchers!! Everyone at my work LOVED them and they are dubbed the Little Dough Balls :)


0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang