June 22, 2012

Teriyaki Burgers

When I had my first dress fitting back in January the seamstress told me not to lose any more than 5lbs from then until our wedding at the end of April! For me it was quite a shock, even though I expected it, because I had reached a 60lbs loss and only had 30lbs left to lose before I reached my ultimate goal. But I wanted to be stress-free about my dress alterations so I chose to keep my weight the exact same and I did!

Then I ended up getting sick keeping me from running for 2 weeks, then we had our Honeymoon, and then came home and ended up sick again...this all added up to a 10lb weight gain! I was super annoyed and felt extremely shitty. I ended up keeping those 10lbs for a couple weeks and then realized I was struggling to get back on track with Weight Watchers and back on track with my running....so I decided to sign up for Weight Watchers online and use the APP on my phone...and hello I am back on track. I ran three times last week and tracked all week long! 

A big part of getting me back on track was making dinner myself and using weight watcher recipes! So the first night of weight watchers I whipped up these Teriyaki Burgers with Chili Ketchup!!

You only need a few ingredients (disclaimer I changed my ingredients slightly but the points are still the same) - 1lb uncooked 93% lean ground beef, onion powder, 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce, table salt, black pepper, 1/2 cup ketchup, and some Siracha Sauce.


First things first you will want to whip up your burger patties and get to grilling. In a large bowl combine your beef, teriyaki sauce, onion powder, and the salt & pepper. Then evenly distribute the meat to form 4 burger patties.


Throw those babies on the grill and cook to your liking. I prefer them well done!

Then while you are waiting take your 1/2 cup ketchup and combine that with some siracha sauce. The original recipe calls for 1/8 item sun-dried hot chili peppers, minced (about 1 tsp)


Once your burgers are cooked get out all that you want to dress up your burger. If you go simple like me I just added my Ketchup Chili sauce and some lettuce. Oh and those pretty "French Fries" are actually a weight watchers recipe that will be on the blog next....they are a must make so stay tuned for those....


Not only was this meal super easy to make it was also fairly low in points and fulfilling. The burger patty with Ketchup Chili sauce was 5 points, and then burger bun was 3 points. The "french fries" were only 3 points. A combined total of 11 points for a yummy dinner!! I also added in a bit of applesauce for an additional two points!!

If you love burgers give this recipe a shot! Even Chuckles really liked the burgers cause with the Teriyaki Sauce they are a little juicer!!



0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang