September 9, 2010

ALERT! ALERT! READING DROUGHT HAS ENDED! ALERT! ALERT!

It's official my reading drought is over!! And I couldn't be more excited! Remember how I was starting my next book club book and wasn't sure about it. I am so glad I stuck it out. My Sister finished it before me and convinced me that it got better!!

I finished Gentlemen & Players by JoAnne Harris last night and it was AMAZING!



It was really slow to start and of course confusing because not only does it bounce back and forth between times but it also introduces almost every character in the book in the first few chapters! My only downfall to this book was that when I first started reading it I pictured it taking place in the 40s or 50s when in fact it takes place in somewhat modern times...they have computers, email, and cell phones. I just didn't get that at first and it was hard to picture it as a modern novel. But I just loved it. Right when I got close to the midway point I couldn't put it down. And let me tell you that you will be shocked...not only once but multiple times. You get to a point where it hits you with the first shocker...then bam, bam, bam...the next ones come out.

Kudos, Applause, Bonus for JoAnn Harris because this book was great!! A must read for those who love books that will shock you in the end!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang