September 24, 2010

Snap, Crackle and Pop!!

Last night we had our monthly Book Club Meeting (to discuss the great book Gentlemen and Players) and I got to host it at my house. Needless to say I was really excited to show off our home and to cook for everyone! For dinner I made the amazing Stuffed Shells, Caesar Salad, and Garlic Bread! But for dessert I made something that is so easy, super quick, and that suprisingly I don't think I've ever made these before. I made Rice Krispie Treats!!!


We picked up a couple small bags of M&Ms to add a little chocolate to these!


This looked so good! I just love marshmallows and they smelled so good as they were melting!

Unfortunately I couldn't take a picture of the rice and marshmallows being mixed together because I wanted to make sure to get them mixed well. I really wanted these to turn out well and after the first batch came out thin...I decided it'd be best to make a second batch!! So we had amazingly thick rice krispie treats! Half with M&Ms and the other half just plain old traditional treats!

Don't these look great?


I was so happy these turned out so well and not only were they a hit with the book club but they also were a hit with Chuck. He must have eaten 6 yesterday :-)!!



I am 24 years old and I am just now making my first batch?? What gives?? Don't get me wrong I've had Rice Krispie Treats my whole life...My Mom loves these, but I really can't believe I have never made them before...Anyone else eat something their whole life but never made it??

2 comments:

Andrea Amu said...

I love rice krispie treats! I believe I can count on one hand though the anount of times I've made them myself... my mom or gram usually make them! Glad they were a hit for you all. Next time I will need to remember to make mine with M&M's!

Kendall said...

Thanks for the comment. Definitely try it with the M&Ms, it just adds a little something :-)

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang