October 6, 2010

It's Mexi Pizza Time

Tonight I couldn't be prouder of myself. While at work today Chuck sends me a text asking if I "wanted Panda for dinner?" A.K.A Panda Express Chinese Food. Am I proud because I finished off a whole crap load of chinese food??? NO NO NO!!  I am proud because while he sat there and ate his extremely delicious smelling Chinese Goodies I chose a Hungry Girl Recipe! And I am so happy I did...within 20 minutes Chuck was complaining he ate too much while I was sitting comfortably fulfilled!!

Tonight for dinner I made the Spicy Tortilla Pizza Mexicali!! For this you only need a few items, granted I had to substitute one because I just can't stomach the soy beef crumbles.
Gather your ingredients: Cheddar Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Fat Free Sour Cream, Tortilla, Diced Tomatoes with Green Chile's, Taco Seasoning, and Ground Beef (or soy beef crumbles)


I was lucky to have made taco's earlier this week and had leftover meat that was already prepared with taco seasoning. Next I heated my tortilla up on both sides. Laid it out on a cookie sheet (covered with aluminum foil) and then started layering. First you will want to put 1/3 cup of the diced tomatoes, then top with 1/3 of the beef mixed with taco seasoning, then layer the two cheeses. Pop into your preheated oven at 375 and bake for 12 minutes.


Oh YUM!! This was right up my alley! Once its out of the oven I put a few dollops of lite sour cream on top and sat down to enjoy!



And enjoy I did! This was so delicious and if you love Mexican food here is a healthier alternative. Granted I should be using the La Tortilla Healthy Tortilla's that Hungry Girl calls for but I was working with what I had. So while it wasn't super healthy it was definitely more healthy than what I'd normally eat and it was of course more proportioned to what I should be eating!



Another recipe from Hungry Girl's 200 Under 200 Cookbook down and many more to enjoy! Everyone needs to try this recipe, it's perfect for a simple dinner!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang