October 10, 2010

What's Not To Love About Pumpkin??

What can I say? I just love Pumpkin! I was so upset when the pumpkin shortage finally hit our area, but Thank You Libby for coming through and restocking all of our grocery stores!! Thanks to this Amazing Blog (Gina's Skinny Recipes) I have found quite a few new recipes to try that are Weight Watcher Approved. Now I'm not doing Weight Watchers but that doesn't mean those recipes won't be good for me and yummy!!

The first one to make is PUMPKIN BUTTER!! If you don't have these ingredients run, don't walk, but run to your local grocery and stock up!

26 ounce can of Pumpkin Puree, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Vanilla Extract, Cinnamon Sticks, Brown Sugar, and Apple Juice.



Combine everything!!


Bring to a boil and then let simmer for an hour!


Then transfer into containers and pop in the fridge. You probably do not have to refrigerate but thats how I like it.



Then take a piece of bread, toast it and get to spreadin'!


Seriously this recipe couldn't be any easier! And it couldn't taste any better.


As Chuck put it... "It's like pumpkin pie on toast"...Why yes my friends it really is. I LOVE this recipe! So easy, so good, and it makes a BUNCH!! Which is a great thing because Gina supplies you with all kinds of recipes to try with it...which if you've figured me out by now I definitely will be trying them!! The first one up is the Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte...seriously how could that go wrong?? Stay tuned and get to making this Pumpkin Butter!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang