October 19, 2010

Not Your Pie

I was so excited to try out this new recipe.  It's not a Hungry Girl recipe so it's not healthy for you but man of man is it a really yummy mexican recipe! I got this recipe, Nacho Pie,  from the AMAZING Taste of Home Magazine! If you don't have a subscription get yourself one NOW!! They really have awesome homestyle recipes!!

This one is pretty simple all you need is: Tortilla Chips, Ground Beef, Sour Cream, Taco Seasoning, Tomato Sauce, Onion Powder, Crescent Rolls, and Mexican Cheese Mix.


First you must brown your ground beef, (with the onion) then drain. Return to heat and add your 8 oz can of tomato sauce and taco seasoning.


While that is cooking away on the stove top get out a pie pan and your crescent rolls. Take your crescent rolls and put in your pie plate with the point of the roll facing the middle. This was a little harder than I thought and I had to break up one crescent to get it all covered. This is no big deal though as long as the bottom and sides are completely covered.


After you get your crust down layer with crushed up tortilla chips.


Add your beef mixture.


Then carefully layer with your sour cream. I couldnt make it look pretty like the picture but I'm sure it won't affect the taste :)


Add some more crushed tortilla chips.


Then top with Mexican Cheese Blend. And pop into your oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees!
Yum look at that golden crust and melted cheese!!


Cut a piece for yourself and....


Enjoy this amazing mexican dish!


I loved this dish...no big suprise!! The only thing I'd change is I wouldn't put the layer of sour cream in it. I'd bake it off and then add the sour cream right before eating! The crescent roll crust really adds a little difference to it but still good. Next time I plan on adding the sour cream to the top and a little salsa! Maybe even some guacamole and salsa mixed together! YUM!! Try it!!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang