October 3, 2010

Monkey Food

Who loves Monkeys? Who Loves Oatmeal? Who Loves Chocolate?
If you've answered yes to these questions hold on tight because Hungry Girl has the breakfast item for you! Straight from their 200 Under 200 cookbook I bring you the Choco-Monkey Oatmeal!

Gather your ingredients: regular oats (not instand), one 25 calorie packet of diet hot cocoa mix (I cheated since I didn't have diet cocoa mix), half a banana, cinnamon, and alternative sugar like Splenda (I of course used Ideal).


First mix together 1/3 cup regular oats and half the medium banana in one bowl. In another bowl, or in my case a glass measuring cup, combine the hot cocoa, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 packet of sugar alternative, 1/4 cup hot water and 1/4 cup cold water. Before adding the cold water make sure to dissolve the powders in the hot water!


Then combine the two bowls and microwave for 2 minutes.


Stir and let sit for a few minutes!


I'm not going to lie this wasn't my favorite. For some reason I just can't wrap my mouth around the oatmeal. I am such a texture person and oatmeal just makes me cringe! I keep trying over and over to like it and I wish I did because this is D-LISH!! Again I love banana's and of course chocolate so what's not to love about this dish? I highly recommend it to anyone. Bonus side it's filling and it's only 185 calories and 2 grams fat! Enjoy!!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang