March 18, 2010

Holy Moly Guacamole!!

Tonight was an extremely successful cooking night! After work I went by the grocery to pick up a "few" items! Walked out $120 later, but at least it was spent on healthy food and not crap food!!

Anywho I really wanted to try out a new recipe from the Hungry Girl and as promised I am feeling better, therefor I knew I was trying a new recipe!

The first item I made was the Holy Moly Guacamole! I'll post the actual recipe tomorrow and will include it at the bottom!!

It was so easy though and while that looks like a lot of ingredients for one dip, you could taste everything....the food was having a celebration in my mouth!! HAHA :)


First things first, you must mash the peas! After going at it for 5 minutes with a spatula a little light bulb popped up and TA DA!! Mashing peas in a plastic baggie....

Only later did I remember that we have a food processor and I could have easily used that...oh well you live you learn. Here it is in all it's green glory!!! I opted to leave the tomatoes out, mainly because I forgot to chop them up by the time I got everything else added in. But that just means I have tomatoes to eat in some other way....maybe bruschetta???

Chip anyone??? I gotta be honest this guacamole turned out AMAZING!! I was a little worried when it had me add in yogurt but I thought it looks pretty good....could it be? Why yes it can, it tasted like regular old fattening guacamole...hold the fat!



What made it even better was that my Seester came up to visit for the evening and she dug right in! I am so happy to have found a recipe that is healthy but one of those food item that I crave!!!
I'll post the recipe tomorrow...off to bed I go!! Already a half hour behind schedule!!
UPDATE: Here is the recipe...
Ingredients:
1 15 ounce can early (young) peas drained.
1/2 cup mashed avocado (about 1 med-small avocado)
1/3 cup chopped cherry tomatoes (I left these out)
1/4 cup finely chopped onion (I used onion powder)
1/4 cup plain fat free greek yogurt (I just used Fat Free yogurt since I couldn't find greek yogurt)
4 teaspoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
Additional Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
Directions:
Place peas in a medium bowl and mash thoroughly with a potato masher or fork.
Add avocado, yogurt, lime juice, garlic, and seasonings. Continue to mash until well blended.
Stir in tomatoes and onion.
Makes 6 servings
Per serving (1/3 cup): 78 calories, 3g fat, 320 mg sodium, 10.5g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 3.5g protein.
Only 1 WW Point per serving YAY!!

1 comments:

Tracy said...

I am all for eating healthier. But I stopped reading as soon as I saw the word peas. I HATE peas. The only time I will eat them if fresh from the garden, raw.
Keep on with the recipes though.

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang