March 23, 2010

Canned Pumpkin is Full of Magic Tricks!!

My final new recipe for last night was of course a dessert recipe! I made the Hungry Girl recipe: Iced 'N Spiced Pumpkin Puddin' Cupcakes!! I was nervous about some of the ingredients but I was still determined to make them delicious!

I gathered all the ingredients:

ooooohhhh look at how pretty it is!!!

I swear I am going to paint a room this color! It was so beautiful! Might be a good bathroom color or maybe our Master Bedroom!

Smell that>>>>>>>>>>Fresh out of the oven! The second batch that is...........

Yes I had to make two batches. The first ones didn't cook long enough and were too moist for me. Luckily the recipe only takes half the cake mix and half the pumpkin leaving me with enough ingredients to whip them up real quick! And VOILA: the second batch looks delicious right>?
Next it was time to prepare the frosting! More whipped topping?? I am loving Hungry Girl ingredients!


Whipped all the ingredients together and then popped the frosting into the fridge while the muffins cooled! And right after dinner I went to smearing the frostings goodness over the cupcakes!

These were so good that Chuck ate TWO!! And he's not about the low fat foods, although I do believe I'm bringing him over to the good side. As I'm typing he's eating the last of the Double Trouble Chocolate Trifle I made the other night. These were really yummy and the cinnamon adds just the right spice to balance out the whipped cream and cream cheese! This is a must share recipe:
Ingredients:
For Cupcakes:
2 cups moist-style spice cake mix (1/2 of an 18.25 ounce box)
1 cup canned pure pumpkin
1/3 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
1/8 teaspoon salt
For Frosting:
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Cool Whip Free, thawed.
2 tablespoons Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
1 tablespoon canned pure pumpkin
1 teaspoon sugar-free fat-free vanilla instant pudding mix
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of the frosting ingredient, stirring until well mixed. Refrigerate until cupcakes are ready to be frosted.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the cupcake ingredients with 1/2 cup water. Mix until blended.
Line a 12-cup muffing pan with caking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute cake mixture among the cups.
Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes (I had to cook them for 20 minutes) until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Cool cupcakes completely, and evenly distribute frosting among the tops.
Makes 12 servings
Per serving ( 1 Frosted Cupcake): 112 calories, 1.75g fat, 200mg sodium, 22g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 12 g suars, 2g protein.
2 WW Pts/Serving
ENJOY!!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang