March 19, 2010

Chicken Fajita Lettuce Cups!

After cleaning up the mess I made from making the Guacamole I started on another new recipe to try (and yes it was quite a mess!!!) I usually try and clean as I go but I was very anxious to get the guac into the fridge to get cold!!! Anywho after I cleaned.....

I started in on my Chicken Fajita Lettuce Cups!!! And of course from the Amazing Hungry Girl Cookbook!

I gathered my ingredients....I'll include the recipe at the end of the post :-)


Don't those peppers look AMAZING???

After chopping up the peppers and slicing the chicken breast you mix it all into a bowl! I just love how colorful it is!!
Then you add the fajita mix and water! Let it marinate for about 5 minutes! I added a little extra fajita seasoning mix to mine..I love things spicy!


Next you just pour the mix into a pan that is warmed up and let it cook away!
This is when my mouth started watering it smelled so good!!



While the chicken was cooking away I prepared my lettuce cups! Mind you, these look nothing like the picture in the book, but the picture is really not helpful when putting these together. So I winged it and in the end they ended up like lettuce burritoes and not like cups!
I took out the yummy toppings! Have I mentioned how much I love Mexican food??!?!?!? I don't think I have, well I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! My favorite part is that almost any Mexican dish can be topped with gaucamole and sour cream!
Look at how colorful these little lettuce burritoes are!! Its definitely a summer dish and with the weather we've been having here it was perfect! They were so DELISH!! I only ate two of them but this recipe is a keeper for sure!

Here is the recipe! I highly recommend this for anyone!!
Ingredients:
3 leaves romaine, butter, or green leaf lettuce. (I chose romaine)
3 ounces raw boneless, skinless, lean chicken breast, sliced (I don't think my chicken was lean but I'm not sure)
1/2 cup sliced red and green bell peppers
1/2 cup sliced onions (I used onion powder)
2 tablespoons Holy Moly Guacamole
1 tablespoon Salsa
1 tablespoon fat free sour cream (I had to use light sour cream because they had NO fat free at the store)
1 1/2 teaspoons dry fajita seasoning mix
Directions:
Place chicken, peppers, and onions in a medium bowl. In a separate dish, blend fajita seasoning mix with 3 tablespoons water.
Pour seasoning mixture over chicken and veggies. Stir until chicken and veggies are thoroughly coated. Let marinate for 5 minutes.
Spray a medium pan with nonstick spray and bring to medium-high heat. Pour chicken-veggie mixture - including any excess marinade - into the pan.
Stirring occasionaly, saute until chicken is cooked through and veggies are slightly browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer mixture to bowl (I skipped the bowl step)
Enjoy fajita-style by loading up each lettuce "cup" (in my case burrito) with one third of the chicken-veggie mixture and topping with the guacamole, salsa, and sour cream!
BTW I didn't measure out my toppings, just added a little to each one. Trust me these babies have enough flavor that you don't need much for toppings!
Makes 1 serving
Per serving (3 lettuce cups): 190 calories, 2.5 g fat, 562 mg sodium, 18g carbs, 4g fiber, 7 g sugars, 23g protein.
And only 3 WW Points per serving! Amazing RIGHT?????? Oh and btw I love love love Hungry Girl!

1 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh my those look good, minus the green stuff (I know it is made with peas ;))
I will have to try this. It looks easy enough

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang