March 19, 2010

Let's Get Serious Now...

One thing I'm usually hesitate to try is healthy dessert recipes. Let's get real and face facts....NOTHING is better than some Chocolate! I love chocolate...what am I saying I love sweets! But because of this love my weight suffers or maybe I should say it INCREASES!

Anywho I am determined to never give up food items that I love because I need to lose weight. I am way more open to modifying any and every recipe and just trying new healthy recipes....you might say DUH Kendall..you've been talking about healthy foods for a few posts now! So I'll just dive right into the next new Recipe! That's right 3 3 new recipes were made last night!

Double Trouble Chocolate Trifle

I mean just look at those ingredients! How could this go wrong?

Yum...Milk and Pudding Mix. I was ready to stop there and just eat the pudding....

A close up of the Vita-Tops...these are somewhat expensive considering you only get four in the package but maybe I'm just cheap. And at Safeway you can get a HUGE slice of cake for $2.99...Which is so bad for me but so cheap and extremely good!

All the main ingredients laid out ready to start building my trifle.....Fat Free, Sugar Free chocolate pudding, Vita Tops (after being killed by the food processor), and Chocolate Syrup and Fat Free Cool Whip!


I originally started out building these in little dessert bowls we had, but quickly found they were not going to work! And this recipe calls for four servings so I needed to make it correctly! Chuck suggested I use these awesome hot cocoa glass mugs we bought a couple years ago! They were PERFECT!



What made those glass mugs so perfect was that they were glass!! With the bowls you would not have seen any of the layers! These looked so good! I was prepared to dislike them because I was getting my hopes up since they looked so good!
These were CHOCOLATE HEAVEN!! Low fat, low carbs, whatever I don't care! You couldn't taste anything but pure Chocolate Ectasy! Even Chuck loved it when he is so PICKY and doesn't like to eat anything low fat....he prefers the "good" stuff! Lucky for him he doesn't pack on the pounds like some of us do!



I really can't do any word justice for these. They were so amazing and I will be making these a lot more. I can't thank Lisa Lillien enough for these little pieces of Chocolate Heaven!
Here is the MUST HAVE recipe!!
Ingredients:
4 Vita Tops (any chocolate flavor), THAWED! (You can find these in the frozen food aisle in the grocery store)
1 2/3 cups Cool Whip Free, thawed.
1 cup skim milk (I used 1%)
2 tablespoons sugar-free, fat-free chocolate instant pudding mix
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar free chocolate syrup!
Directions:
Combine milk with pudding mix in a bowl. Whisk until blended and thickened, about 2 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
In a separate bowl, combine syrup with 1 cup cool whip. Mix gently until completely blended. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
Break Vita Tops into pieces. Pulse in blender (I used food processor) until reduced to crumbs.
This is where I made it my own way and didn't put it into one bowl.
In the bottom of a medium serving bowl, layer one forth of the vita crumbs. Top with half the pudding.
Spread 2/3 cup Cool Whip over pudding layer. Sprinkle evenly with two-thirds of the remaining vita crumbs.
Layer remaining pudding over Vita crumbs.
Top with the chocolate-syrup Cool Whip Mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Vita crumbs!
I only used 1 cup of the Cool Whip and mixed it with the chocolate syrup and only used that for layering. I think had I used the 2/3 Cool Whip it would have been too much cool whip, but that's just me :-)
Everyone needs to run, not walk but RUN to the grocery store and pick up these ingredients to make these....
And the best part...we have 2 leftover for dessert this weekend :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum. I can't handle much chocolate but I'd happily have major stomach pains for one of those!

Tracy said...

OK now your talking. Those look delish. Yummy

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang