March 28, 2010

Eggless Stuffed Breakfast Burrito

Saturday I was painting Chuck's mancave and I decided I needed a good healthy breakfast before I started! I made an Eggless Stuffed Breakfast Burrito from Hungry Girl's book, duh of course I did.

To get started you need Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, 1 Wedge Laughing Cow Light Swiss, tomato, Green Pepper, fresh spinach leaves, mushrooms, tortilla, and extra lean Turkey Bacon!

A big THANK YOU to my sous chef that morning, my honey Chuck! He volunteered to chop up my veggies for me!

With my veggies and bacon chopped I started cooking them in a pan. It started smelling so good!!!
After the bacon looks to be fully cooked you add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted. Then top with cheddar cheese and let it melt.


While the cheese is melting you warm the tortilla up in the microwave and then spread the 1 wedge of the Laughing Cow cheese onto the tortilla. After the Cheddar cheese has melted over the mixture remove it from the pan and place it in the center of the tortilla. Top with the tomatoes....

And have your awesome boyfriend roll it for you :-)!!! I can't seem to roll tortilla shells to save my life but he can make the perfect burrito...What a great Sous chef! I should give him a raise :-)





While I had a great assistant even he couldn't save the recipe! I think if I added egg, thus changing the title, and took away half the spinach it'd be much better. Even dipping it in my all time favorite condiment, ketchup I still couldn't eat the whole thing. For those who like spinach enjoy!
Eggless Stuffed Breakfast Burrito
Ingredients:
1 Large La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb/High Fiber tortilla
1 slice extra lean turkey bacon
2 cups fresh spinach leaves
1/3 cup diced mushrooms
1/4 cup diced plum tomatos (preferably Roma)
1/4 cup green bell pepper
2 tablespoons diced onion
1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss Cheese
2 tablespoons shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
Directions:
Cut bacon into small, bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
Spray a small pan with nonstick pan and bring to medium-high heat. Add bacon pieces, mushrooms, pepper, and onion to the pan. Stirring occasionally, cook until bacon begins to crisp, 4-5 minutes.
Add spinach leaves and cook and stir until the leaves have wilted. Add shredded cheese and stir until just melted. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
Warm tortilla in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Lat tortilla flat and spread cheese wedge on top of it. Evenly layer spinach and mixture over the cheese - topped tortilla. Place diced tomatoes on top of spinach mixtures.
Fold in the sides of the tortilla and then carefully roll tortilla up from the bottom to the top.
Makes 1 serving!

1 comments:

bodyhacker said...

Hello, thanks so much for sharing this recipe - it sounds great and can't wait to try it. I have not tried Laughing Cow Cheese yet although can't wait to try it. I have been using Lifetime fat free Swiss (only 40 calories for 28g).

My husband and I are definitely big fans of the La Tortilla Factory Low Carb/High Fiber Tortillas too (only 80 calories)!

Again, thanks so much for sharing and can't wait to read more!
bodyhacker

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang